14 d’abril del 2015

TESTIMONIS



A Maban, la majoria dels joves són retornats. Persones com ells, ens ajuden a donar un cop de mà als infants desplaçats d'altres regions fent-los cantar, jugant i ensenyant-los l'abecedari.


 JUMMU

My name is Jumu Abud and I am 17 years-old.


I was born in the border of Sudan and I went to the school in Kosti when I was 10. My father left home when I was 3 years-old and my mum died when I was 12. I arrived in Maban after the conflict broke out in South Sudan in December 2013. I would like to go to a good school, like Comboni School in Juba. Now I am in Primary 7th grade.

 

Why did you come to Maban?

When I was a child I lived in a very tough place. In the border of Sudan we had no school and violence was all around… My father was from the south, my mum was from the north and I was born in the middle. I felt that I had no country. What could I do? When I was 5 I told my mum to go to Khartoum. When she died, I came to Maban to live with my uncle, Father Luke.


What is you dream, Jumu?

I would like that people put hands together. Everything would be alright then. But first, they have to change their minds to live as brothers and build the peace in our country.



How is the youth in Maban?

Most of them just think of doing business and becoming important people. They do not mind about other people needs.


What do you know about young people in Europe? 
Not much, but I will go to Google and I will see. Unfortunately, my SIM card does not work… I guess they are living in a good way. Some of them may live like gentlemen or like important business people. But I think that some others may live like us…


What would you like to say to them?

I really would like to meet them, to sit and see them face to face and talk and become good friends.

I would also like to tell them that it is very important to come to South Sudan and help us. We are all brothers and we need good schools to become a good country, with people living in peace and loving their lives.

I would like us to become friends and that nothing could separate us. We are all equal, even if we are from the south and you are from Europe. Thank you for this interview. This is Jumu, your new friend from South Sudan.



 RUBECA



My name is Rubeca Zachariah and I am 19 years-old.

I was born in Bunj but my family had to flee Maban very soon after my birth because of the war. I do not remember anything because I was very young. We lived in Sinjah (Sudan) till I was 14 years-old. Then we could come back home. I have 1 brother and 5 sisters. I am in Primary 5th grade now.

What is you dream, Rubeca?

In the future I would like to complete my education in a college in Juba and I would like to become a doctor to help the poor people.

What makes you feel happy?

In this moment of my life the most important thing is when we worship God in the Church. I can feel it is something very special. Another thing that makes me feel happy is the day when we will get our freedom and the war will be over.






What makes you feel unhappy?

I feel sad when some of my beloved ones die. My father passed away some months ago.
I don’t like sitting, remain doing nothing.

What do you know about young people in Europe?

I think they are living in a good way and I wish some of them would help us. Although we are poor, Maban is a very good place. Unfortunately, we are suffering a bad moment because of the conflict in the country.

What would you like to say to them?

I would like to get in touch with them, but I am worried because my English is not good and I can hardly read and write fluently. I send them greetings from Maban to all of them.

Àlvar Sánchez
Camps de refugiats de Maban



Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada